UPDATE - MARCH 16, 2020: Chase the Ace, and all other Sunshine House special events have been postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Sunshine House Chase the Ace Rules
RULES OF PLAY
One winning ticket will be drawn for 20% of the daily gross ticket sales and a chance to draw the Ace of Spades from a deck of cards. 30% of the daily sales will go into the “Chase the Ace” accumulating prize, and 50% of the daily sales will be donated to Sunshine House.
If the Ace of Spades is selected by that days winning ticket holder, the winner receives the amount in the Chase the Ace accumulating prize, which also includes 30% of ticket sales for that day.
There will be a maximum of 4000 tickets sold each day, and one individual is not permitted to purchase more than 20 tickets.
The draw for the winning ticket and a chance to draw the Ace of Spades will follow shortly after ticket sales end and once the money is counted. Sunshine House’s designated draw supervisor will conduct the draw procedure.
Individual ticket price is $5.
Chase the Ace tickets will be sold each Friday evening at The Good Will Social Club beginning on January 10, 2020 until January 10, 2021.
The selling of tickets happens between 4 PM to 5:30 PM. The draw will happen at 5:45 PM.
The draw procedure will be visible for participants to see.
Ticket sales are restricted to those 18 years of age and older.
The tickets are standard double roll raffle tickets. When a person purchases their tickets they will keep possession of one side of the tickets and place the other side in a large bucket.
The chase card is the Ace of Spades and if it is selected the winner receives the accumulating prize.
There will only be one draw per weekly event. The draw supervisor will announce the winning ticket number at 5:45 PM. There will be two minutes for a person to come forward with the matching ticket number. There will be a subsequent re-draw after two minutes. This process will continue until a winner has been verified.
Both before and after the draw, the deck of cards will be displayed in such a manner as to confirm that the Ace of Spades is in the deck. The deck of cards contains 52 cards plus 2 jokers.
All remaining cards in the deck must be placed face-up prior to each draw and in view of the participants. Cards must not overlap one another.
Immediately prior to the draw, all remaining cards must be shuffled and placed face-down, with no cards overlapping another, before the participant chooses their card. The cards cannot be cut or handled by the player at any time.
Once the ticket winner places their ticket on their chosen card, and it has been confirmed by the coordinator, the surrounding cards will be removed. The selected card will be turned over by the coordinator and shared with all of those in attendance.
If the card drawn is not the Ace of Spades, the card is removed from the deck and marked. The marked cards will be displayed for those in attendance to see which cards have been previously selected.
The remaining deck will be stored in a secure location at Sunshine House.
If necessary, bent or marked cards must be replaced by a new, identical card; or the entire deck can be replaced, with previously chosen cards removed.
When advertising the event, Sunshine House must include the license number LGCA-6277-RF-33750. The license or a copy of it should be brought to the event each time Chase the Ace happens.